Date: August 19th & 20th, 2016
- Location: On Smith Street at the Burton Cummings Theatre, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
- Sanctioned by: Kansas City Barbeque Society
- Cost: $250 per team
- Deadline for Team Registration: June 30, 2016
- NOTE: Wood, pellet or charcoal fuels only
- One campsite included
30 sites (6.096m X 6.096m) (20ft X 20ft) including water and 1 – 15 amp electrical outlet are available. Site dimensions may increase depending on number of teams competing. We reserve the right to final placement of the teams. We ask that if you do not require the full space allotted that you let us know in advance so we might make room for more teams. You must provide a picture or a hand drawn diagram (must show all measurements, width x length x height) of your setup so we can find the best spot for your team. The festival grounds have permanent washrooms with indoor plumbing and showers.
All teams must be at their cooking sites and set up no later than 3 p.m. on Friday, August 19th. There will be no exceptions.
Teams are required to be at a cook’s meeting on August 19th at 5 p.m. in the judging room or TBA.
The competition is comprised of four meat categories (pork butt, pork back or St. Louis ribs, chicken, and beef brisket) and points from each category will be used to determine the Grand Champion, Reserve Grand Champion, and 3rd Place Overall. This event is sanctioned by the Kansas City Barbecue Society and their official rules and regulations will apply. All judging will be double blind by KCBS trained judges.
$10,000 prize payout as follows:
- Grand Champion: $2,500 and trophy + free entry to 2017
- Reserve Grand Champion: $1,200 and plaque
- 3rd Place Overall: $500 and plaque
- 1st place per category: $300 and plaque
- 2nd place per category: $250 and plaque
- 3rd place per category: $200 and plaque
- 4th place per category: $175 and ribbon
- 5th place per category: $150 and ribbon
- 6th-10th place per category: $75 and ribbon
All competition prizes will be awarded at approximately 8:30 p.m., Saturday August 20th at the secondary stage area. At least one member of each cooking team is required to be present for the awards presentations.